Novahq.net Forum

Novahq.net Forum (https://novahq.net/forum/index.php)
-   News (https://novahq.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=72)
-   -   DFX2 Open Beta (https://novahq.net/forum/showthread.php?t=42999)

Chrispy 04-14-2009 04:40 AM

DFX2 Open Beta

Quote:

DFX2 Open Beta

Apologies for the lack of communications over the last couple of months– everyone’s been incredibly busy with GDC, DF:AF and of course, finishing DFX2.

Thanks for your patience – I’ve got some good news for everyone. You should see an official press release next week with specifics on release dates, European distribution, price points and information on where to find DFX2 in both retail stores and digital download. We should have some more screens up following the official announcement.

Better yet, in the next week or two, a free beta of DFX2 will be available for everyone to download and check out both the single player and (of course) the multiplayer gameplay. Our plan is to let our Gold members test-drive the servers for a while first, and then open it upto the public. The response we’ve had on DFX2 from GDC has been overwhelmingly positive and we’re excited to give everyone a sneak preview of the real deal.

You can look forward to some gorgeous, exciting and immersive multiplayer environments, along with totally new weapons handling, NW squad support, improved networking and anti-cheat on NovaWorld servers.

We’re almost there, guys, and things are looking great. Thanks for hanging in there.

-r
http://www.novaworld2.com/index.php?...id_4624/page_1

Definitely saw it coming. And yes, they did attend GDC, at some private meetings, I believe.

IcIshoot 04-14-2009 06:53 AM

Awsome - Glad I'm a gold member :D

Steve 04-14-2009 12:27 PM

coolio

~MOUSE~ 04-14-2009 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by icishoot
Awsome - Glad I'm a gold member :D
So if no one picks up on any glitches or poorly implemented features we know who to blame.
I'm for that. :D

The fact that we will be able to try before we buy is a welcome development.

IcIshoot 04-14-2009 03:25 PM

lol, sure, blame me I don't care :D

Erik 04-14-2009 04:42 PM

Awesome

bigsmellyfart 04-14-2009 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Steve
coolio
i cant wait....an uh hey uh steve ur emoticon what ever
hope it doesnt swallow that chaw....

-Tigger- 04-15-2009 05:11 AM

dont really understand a beta test for an expansion on an old game engine.. but oh well

Hellfighter 04-15-2009 05:31 AM

i think sooner or later other sites will have the beta for download, you know its call the internet

lcl-330 04-15-2009 06:20 AM

after endless wait...

IcIshoot 04-15-2009 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by William
i think sooner or later other sites will have the beta for download, you know its call the internet

Probably, but if your novaworld2 login isn't a gold member status it probably won't do you any good - you won't be able to do any thing if novaworld2 won't let you login

Steve 04-15-2009 11:04 AM

come on Nova, send your favourite fan site some exculsive info :D

Chrispy 04-15-2009 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by BB
dont really understand a beta test for an expansion on an old game engine.. but oh well
It is an old engine, but I think this game is more catered towards the multiplayer gameplay, and mapping content. Plus the engine has been added to (e.g. better network code, etc. etc.) so that's cool as well.

Hellfighter 04-16-2009 04:56 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Steve
come on Nova, send your favourite fan site some exculsive info :D
sorry to say the old NL-gang is gone now days, they have anew team running around so they don't even know us anymore!

Chrispy 04-16-2009 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by William
sorry to say the old NL-gang is gone now days, they have anew team running around so they don't even know us anymore!
Actually that's not entirely true. There are still old school Nova employees such as ravenn and Wupass, which have been at Nova since around the DF1 era and are still working. There's probably a handful of others too.

They're just real busy at the moment, and don't have time to do anything exclusive. All they could do was submit a few pics on NW gallery and that's it, then they went back to their work.

How do I know? I talk to one of them every now and then. :)

Erik 04-17-2009 12:11 AM

We've carried their title for years...not really any other games have such a vast community for what..10 yrs? We have shaped DF into what it is..other wise it would be a game forgotten about.

Coopwarriors 04-17-2009 07:52 AM

gold member what the hell i play nova game when it start with landwarrior i like to play nova games.why do nova not make a demo test with old players i think we can tell more things to make a game cool

~MOUSE~ 04-17-2009 09:05 AM

I don't see any problem.
If people are willing to pay nova for extra benefits I don't mind them getting access to the game early.
They will be basically extra beta testers.
Eventually other scum .... oops I meant silver members like me will be allowed to test the game.

Chrispy 04-17-2009 04:57 PM

Many idiots went completely psycho and thought that silver members would not get beta access to DFX2. They will.

It's just that gold members will get it before silver.

And you can't blame Nova for the gold member feature either. You know why they did that.

ShArP 04-17-2009 05:08 PM

yea because they weren't making money anywhere else lol