Novahq.net Forum

Novahq.net Forum (https://novahq.net/forum/index.php)
-   News (https://novahq.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=72)
-   -   Delta Force – Now Available DRM free on GOG.com (https://novahq.net/forum/showthread.php?t=48091)

Scott 03-23-2017 09:46 AM

Delta Force – Now Available DRM free on GOG.com

1 Attachment(s)
NovaHQ has been working with the team from GOG.com over the last couple weeks to bring Delta Force 1, Delta Force 2, Land Warrior, Task Force Dagger, Black Hawk Down and Delta Force Xtreme to everyone, DRM free. The best part about this: these distributions from GOG.com include many fixes and patches as well as support for the alternate lobby (DF1-BHD).

Unlike the Steam or other versions, when you purchase your game copy from GOG.com your game will work after installing it without having to hunt down alternate patches to play online. You also do not need to register an account on NovaWorld to use the alternate lobby system. These patches were all approved for use by THQ Nordic for the GOG.com distribution.

NovaHQ would like to thank GOG.com for reaching out and working with us over the last couple weeks to provide an “Official” playable version of the game for people to purchase, DRM free.

You can purchase the entire (Except DFX2) Delta Force collection from GOG.com here!

--BulletMagnet-- 03-23-2017 09:48 PM

That's really cool, and it's interesting that THQ Nordic approved it for distribution. Makes me wonder if they would help out the DF community in other ways.

Also, do you know anything about this?

Quote:

NOTE: Access to the official NovaWorld lobbies for online multiplayer is currently not available. We're working on resolving this issue and will keep you posted on our progress.

Scott 03-23-2017 10:17 PM

They couldn't get official CD keys from THQ to allow user registration on NovaWorld. That is still a hurdle with the Steam version so someone else tells me. Plus the NW lobbies are down 1/2 the time.

I have no idea what the goal for THQ is. I was surprised, but happy they included all the lobby fixes, as well as my own lobby DLL into their official build. They are allowed to release it on any provider now, including Steam. I hope THQ reaches out direct at some point as I'd love to work with directly :)

BlacKSmurF 03-23-2017 11:11 PM

I am super stoked Scott. This news is currently on the front page of /r/games with over 300 upvotes!

I am very happy to see THQ showing some common sense and leveraging the community's efforts to revitalize Novalogic's IPs and bring them back into the spotlight. It sure points to some real meaning behind John Garcia's parting words about THQ being real gamers focused on more than slick marketing.

That said, I hope they reach out to you in the future since they are using your work to sell games! Wondering what they're doing to get the official Novaworld servers back online...

Scott 03-23-2017 11:23 PM

I was super stoked to see it making some progress on reddit today. I was going to post it myself on reddit since I knew the release time but someone obviously beat me too it. Either way, I'm glad the news is spreading. Now if we can eradicate the myth that Game Ranger is needed to play BHD multiplayer, that would be amazing.

Steve 03-25-2017 12:20 PM

really great news :)