View Single Post
Old 08-05-2009, 03:36 PM
Xx_jet_xX is offline Xx_jet_xX

Send a message via Yahoo to Xx_jet_xX
Um Big smelly, I have been running the SO mod in a copy of the stock DFX for several years now, and so far no ban. for what you are saying you risk getting banned is fully and completly a crock of **** even if you attempt to go into one of the stat servers you will not take the chance of getting banned because you will get kicked out of the server before or imediatly after you spawn.

JO and BHD use the expansion folder. DF1 to TFD, DFX and DFX2 use a copy of the stock updated game folder to install mods to. Nova will not ban you because you are using a mod to play on a public server. the fact is Nova will not ban you for using any and every cheat on a public server. since you cannot play a modded DFX on a stock DFX server you will never run the risk of getting banned.

Another thing is trying to convince us who have fully tested every aspect of installing a mod into DFX by informing us to install it like JOE is incredibly ignorant on your part. we tested exectly what you proposed and yes without copying all the files into the exp folder it wont work correctly. creating the exp folder and installing it to there and going through all the bs of setting up the shortcuts like you must do for JO mods is more hassle than simply right click the DFX folder, and right click anywhere in the Nova directory and hitting paste. rename from copy of Delta Force Extreme to DFX BO or whatever the hell you want, then install into that. it takes the same amount of HD space but by far less hassle.

Makes it easier to delete because they are all centraly located? umm yeah but you must go into 2 more folders to get to it, thats not easier. its in the Novalogic directory alongside the stock DFX game and that is also centraly located but not hidden inside a sub directory.

You will need a clean install for other mods? easy as repeating the same steps you did to install BFM, DJ3, VX, SO, and BO. oh a copy of the stock directory and the stock remains just that stock.

makes it easier for Nile? Nile works just fine when in a copied game folder, just like Med and the game itslef.

and my last point is there is no full DFX mod that uses the expansion folder, those mods are for BHD and JO/JOE.

I will look into that generic mod enabler, if its any good then i will endorse it.

WTF-Squad

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day. -George Carlin