Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Novahq.net Specific > News

News News and comment posting for the main page. Use this forum to submit your news.

Old 05-06-2017, 01:38 AM
Scott is offline Scott
AKA. Panther

PUBLIC RELEASE #2: NovaWorld Server Authentication

Since the current state of NovaWorld is unknown and has been unstable the last few months, I've made an app that will allow you to create a game session for LW, TFD, BHD and C4 even if NovaWorld is currently offline. This app will allow your game to create a "NovaWorld" session even if "novaworld.net" is offline.

To use it, open the app before launching the game. From there, nothing else is needed. Just launch the game and host as normal. The game will still report to the official game lobbies so when / if the lobbies come back online they will show.

This is only necessary if you cannot create a hosting session because NovaWorld is offline. If you get an "Unable to Host a Session" message when hosting. I figured I would release it now because of the current NovaWorld status.

DOWNLOAD IT HERE: http://novahq.net/files.php?ID=711
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	NW Authenticator.jpg
Views:	16203
Size:	93.7 KB
ID:	3786  

04' Dodge SRT-4, Mopar Stage 3, 406whp/436wtq

Last edited by Scott; 05-06-2017 at 01:54 AM.
Old 05-31-2017, 01:01 AM
lolfake is offline lolfake
Delta Team Maps

Thanks
Old 06-27-2017, 05:42 AM
chopperprop is offline chopperprop
=TMW=

Send a message via MSN to chopperprop
DFX2 - JO App

Any chance this may work for DFX2 or JO in the near future ? Looks like Novaworld is offline.
Old 06-27-2017, 08:41 AM
PB&J is offline PB&J

Thanks
Old 06-27-2017, 12:42 PM
Scott is offline Scott
AKA. Panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopperprop View Post
Any chance this may work for DFX2 or JO in the near future ? Looks like Novaworld is offline.
That was the goal, and I figured out how to do some of it for JO and DFX2 but it's not that easy. If it's confirmed NW is down for good I'll see if me or novaworld.cc can work together to get them back online. It will just take some time.

Old 06-27-2017, 04:05 PM
plazma is offline plazma

Hey Scott, its my understanding that the nova lobby process works as follows:

Users clicks on novaworld, this then pulls the login page from the server, the username and password is then validated to the nova servers, which either returns ok or login failed.

After this the lobby data is downloaded from: http://nw10.novaworld.net/jop_2.gsb

Now im not sure when a user joins a server how exactly the hand off works as the server is server that is hosting is passed the pcid (player) id as this comes from novas servers and not the players system. I suspect that when the user joins the lobby nova server passes the pcid back to the player with the lobby data, alternatively the hosting server would need to validate the players username against a pcid when they join.

You have probably already laid out how the process works, however my point is there is going to have to be a replacement system for the pcid system.

In theory this should not be amazingly hard to create, you could in theory generate a pcid for every person who is registered on your site and then tie in a login to a pcid.

Each server also has a server id, however i think this largely is just generated as a reference for the lobby system and nothing else.

I had been planning to capture at some point the jop_2.gsb file and see what was inside.

If it helps at all i do have my own lobby system that pulls the data from:
http://www.edcint.co.nz/jo/lobby/

My system was unique as it pulled the data in json format from the edcint site and then renders it in php. However all the other lobby systems display no data when nova is down, however my system was designed to freeze the existing good data until new data could be collected again. So although its the wrong (not the original) format, it does have the various bits of info, its probably not much help but i would be happy to provide the json file so you have data to play with or reference.

As well as speaking to the guys at novaworld.cc the guy who created runs the edcint.co.nz site would also probably be useful as he also knows a little about the structure of the gsb files, he was active on the novaworld2 forum recently, although sadly i cant tell you what his user name was (not that this matters at this point). However sadly the contact us part on the website is not working (disabled), however a whois shows a possible email address as : domainz at edcint.co.nz so it might also be a worth trying to make contact with him to see if he can provide anything useful to help the cause.

If you want any help testing or anything else, im happy to work with you any way thats useful to the project.
Old 06-27-2017, 04:35 PM
Scott is offline Scott
AKA. Panther

I as well as Thor from novaworld.cc and probably the guy from edcint (I do not know him) know how to decode the glb/gsb files. The issue is actually joining the servers on the player side. I believe I also know how to authenticate a JO/DFX server like I can a BHD server for hosts.

I actually know a good portion of how the join/host sequence for JO/DFX work. At least, I successfully joined a server from a local version of NovaWorld one time before I archived the project for the time being. I was hoping that Nova would hold off until this winter so I could have more time to re-create it all. It will require a patch for every client, but once they have that everything can run from an alternate lobby hosted by novaworld.cc or novahq

I'm going to shoot Thor a message soon and see if he's done anything more for joining JO/DFX. Sucks that we were not ready like we were for all the other games. I believe you have my email as well, if you find anything else out don't hesitate to shoot me a message I'm more then willing to work with other dedicated individuals to get JO/DFX/DFX2 back online if Nova is really down for good.

Old 06-27-2017, 05:55 PM
plazma is offline plazma

Dropped you an email dude