Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Gaming Talk

Gaming Talk Post all your game related stuff here. This includes PC, Console, Handhelds etc.

Old 05-13-2010, 06:32 PM
larry49 is offline larry49

angel falls

Would like to say will ANGEL FALLS ever start up play
Old 05-13-2010, 07:32 PM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
way all talking taxing the big company's to hell, in the USA. things are changing.

think this will ether break them or they sail out in a new boat! will it be a ocean liner or a tug boat can't say. NL is on a downhill slide

if they do come out it maybe in aug or sept 2010, in the pass they always come out around Feb-Aug with a new game
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]
Old 05-14-2010, 06:43 AM
~MOUSE~ is offline ~MOUSE~

RANT...

If it ever comes out, you can almost guarantee that it will be out dated compared to games already being played.

The main distinguishing features of DF games are "large maps" and " "large number of players on maps". I hope nova don't sacrifice these just to provide eye candy.

I also hope they forget about tanks,aeroplanes and helicopter gunships DF:AF doesn't need them (Joint Operations probably has the best balance of vehicles).

For a game that consists of running around shooting people, I would have thought they would have spent some time improving the things you shoot with.
After 11 years making the same game, they should have the weapon ballistics pretty well nailed by now.
There should be a nice range of modern weapons (G36, SCAR-L/H etc.) and have modular accessories.

There are a lot of "gold" accounts about to run out and if nova want players to stay, they will have to extend them for free or start making noises about DF:AF.

Nova have stated that DF:AF is not just DFX2 with better graphics. I hope it won't be, if it ever comes out.

The problem with nova is that they don't properly support there games. A nova game gets about 2 patches and is then left to die. There is absolutely no reason to believe DF:AF would be any different.

Anyway, you will know that DF:AF will be released when they start updating www.novaworld2.com .

End of RANT.

Old 05-23-2010, 07:27 PM
dave61 is offline dave61
I.C.U.

Send a message via Yahoo to dave61
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~MOUSE~ View Post
RANT...

If it ever comes out, you can almost guarantee that it will be out dated compared to games already being played.

The main distinguishing features of DF games are "large maps" and " "large number of players on maps". I hope nova don't sacrifice these just to provide eye candy.

I also hope they forget about tanks,aeroplanes and helicopter gunships DF:AF doesn't need them (Joint Operations probably has the best balance of vehicles).

For a game that consists of running around shooting people, I would have thought they would have spent some time improving the things you shoot with.
After 11 years making the same game, they should have the weapon ballistics pretty well nailed by now.
There should be a nice range of modern weapons (G36, SCAR-L/H etc.) and have modular accessories.

There are a lot of "gold" accounts about to run out and if nova want players to stay, they will have to extend them for free or start making noises about DF:AF.

Nova have stated that DF:AF is not just DFX2 with better graphics. I hope it won't be, if it ever comes out.

The problem with nova is that they don't properly support there games. A nova game gets about 2 patches and is then left to die. There is absolutely no reason to believe DF:AF would be any different.

Anyway, you will know that DF:AF will be released when they start updating www.novaworld2.com .

End of RANT.
LOL, MOUSE ....

Don't get me started on that free GOLD crap or I'll rant also !!

I aggree with you on the NOVA games ... I'm not getting my hopes up for DF:AF after being let down with DFX2.
Old 05-23-2010, 09:23 PM
skinny killer is offline skinny killer
HappyGoLucky

Send a message via Yahoo to skinny killer
well either way I'd still buy AF simply becuase I love mapping for nova and would love to map for AF. pluss there's just something about nova that draws me to their games.
Old 05-27-2010, 08:42 AM
~MOUSE~ is offline ~MOUSE~

I just couldn't resist.

Last edited by ~MOUSE~; 05-27-2010 at 01:01 PM.
Old 05-27-2010, 10:02 AM
skinny killer is offline skinny killer
HappyGoLucky

Send a message via Yahoo to skinny killer
Waahahahahaahahaha!!!
Old 06-16-2010, 03:21 PM
dave61 is offline dave61
I.C.U.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave61 View Post
LOL, MOUSE ....

I aggree with you on the NOVA games ... I'm not getting my hopes up for DF:AF after being let down with DFX2.
Kinda getting off track alittle, But has anyone noticed their GOLD membership expiring ?

Mine has, and I will surly not pay to have it back.
Old 06-17-2010, 02:42 PM
Dashie is offline Dashie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave61 View Post
LOL, MOUSE ....

LOL @ Nova taking features away from their game that were there before, and charging for them (and calling them "Gold.") Gold has been an epic failure. I, and everyone else on the Nova forum told them that years ago (that pay to play is a dumb idea and would make them fail).

Pay to play with niche games is the dumbest idea ever. It causes them to die off and lose their community within a year.

I also love how their servers were still crappy, laggy, and unmoderated, yet they're charging for them now. Horrible. I can't believe anybody in their right mind would have actually paid to play on laggy servers with 4 maps that look like they took 5 minutes to make.

It's sad, because Nova games used to be so original (they never felt polished, but everyone understood that they were a small company, and their games were really fun and different from others). Now, they're trying to be like other companies with garbage policies and in-game nerfs. So much wasted potential.

If anything will save DF:AF, it's Nile Studio. DFX2 was junk, but the only thing that made it fun was the mission editor. Without the MED, Nova would be bankrupt by now. Imagine what a crappy game DFX2 would have been without it - even 'Big Rigs, Over the Road Racing' would have been funner to play.
Old 06-17-2010, 02:51 PM
MERMITE is offline MERMITE

Well said Dashie 10/10

"M"
Old 06-17-2010, 02:51 PM
dave61 is offline dave61
I.C.U.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dashie View Post
LOL @ Nova taking features away from their game that were there before, and charging for them (and calling them "Gold.") Gold has been an epic failure. I, and everyone else on the Nova forum told them that years ago (that pay to play is a dumb idea and would make them fail).

Pay to play with niche games is the dumbest idea ever. It causes them to die off and lose their community within a year.

I also love how their servers were still crappy, laggy, and unmoderated, yet they're charging for them now. Horrible. I can't believe anybody in their right mind would have actually paid to play on laggy servers with 4 maps that look like they took 5 minutes to make.

If Nova does the same thing with DF:AF, they mind as well commit arson on their company building and then declare bankruptcy. They would make more money that way.

/rant

So I got online and checked the DFX2 MP games ... and believe me ... there were zero players on almost all the NOVA games, LOL. Only the public (hosted) servers were buzy.

Question : Why pay to play with nobody when it's free to play public hosted games?