Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Novahq.net Specific > News

News News and comment posting for the main page. Use this forum to submit your news.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-24-2008, 07:35 PM
IcIshoot is offline IcIshoot

Send a message via AIM to IcIshoot Send a message via MSN to IcIshoot Send a message via Yahoo to IcIshoot
DeltaForce Angel Falls

-----My Squad leader Rogue*CS ended up calling nova after the mods went crazy in the novaworld forums (they picked up on the 5th ring) He asked them about DF: Angel Falls - here is the result of his conversation: ----

After the commotion on Novaworld and the way Moderators were banning players, locking our posts, and going as far as deleting our posts as soon as we made them, I sort of had a spell of paranoia. My second in command was suspended for posting info about pinger, and 6 hours later there was a sticky post warning people not to share that info in Nova and he and one other was banned, but later today I know IcIshoot had his account reinstated.

The moderator was, shall I say, perturbed and at the point of sounding angry when he answered the phone (which was picked up after the 5th ring..lol) when I called them today.

He started by making his case known, and after talking to him a bit in my, "hey bro, I'm your friend not your enemy" tone, I slid right on in to the subject of the new game coming out.

Delta Force Angel Falls.

>Angel Falls is being built on a completely new game engine, as I am told.
>The graphics and playability are, in his words, comparable to Crisis.
>Angel Falls is going to be launched on at least 3 platforms.
>Angel Falls is "Delta Force" and will be in the same spirit of BHD, and not a copycat version of JO, JOE or DFX.
>Map making will still exist, but it will be mostly Nile based while preserving the MEDS we use now. Nova has a MED that allows them "to change terrains on the fly", which is nothing like we have seen yet, also the terrains are, as I understood it, editable, he (Nova Mod) was explaining to me that he was building a cave into the side of a mountian styled after the flat plateau mountinas in Mexico.
>There will be drivable and flyable vehicles.

Delta Force Cuba

>The PS3 and XBOX format of Angel Falls
>No other info was given.

Time frame for release.

Christmas

>Demo will be available possibly 6 months prior to the release.

Delta Force Operation Acid Gambit

>Never made it out of preproduction, was presented to the market researchers and it "flopped".

The more I know the more I will share, if you have any info to add or hear of anything please let me know.

Rogue