Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Delta Force

Delta Force Anything to do with the Delta Force series of games, DF1, DF2, LW, TFD, BHD, DFX, AF etc.

Old 08-06-2009, 07:07 AM
Bosnia is offline Bosnia

Your opinion about the Black Ops Mod!

I heard about a new mode(Black Ops) for dfx and Im interested in your opinion about it and your rating about it::::
Is it better than special ops,has it more changes in it???????
Old 08-06-2009, 10:19 AM
skinny killer is offline skinny killer
HappyGoLucky

Send a message via Yahoo to skinny killer
I've not played it yet. but I sure hope they have improved the game rather then just mindlessly slap a bunch of weapons and items into it like most MOD makers do.
Old 08-06-2009, 02:57 PM
Bosnia is offline Bosnia

Im going to download but i hope like you said that they improve the game.
But I like to see some new items in game because Its easier to create new maps when you have a more choice....
Old 08-06-2009, 04:57 PM
MERMITE is offline MERMITE

Yet another poorly timed dfx modification (MOD) just as we say goodbye to DFX1 hello DFX2, these nuts rush out the last MOD? for DFX1, at nearly 750mb and by all appearences not much different than the standard that can be expected by what Nova decribes as enthunastic fan support (EFS).
But wait a minute I for one, use the ODD item from the odd mod pack, and am a fan of LOA, and others who submit their 3d's.
But I do have to agree with Skinney above, lets just hope that there's something different about this one.?
AI: 62
Buildings: 91
Decorations: 215
Foliage: 60
Objects: 22
Power Ups: 31
Vehicles: 55
weapons: 43 (total)
Terrains: 115
Environments: 4
Old 08-06-2009, 10:12 PM
skinny killer is offline skinny killer
HappyGoLucky

Send a message via Yahoo to skinny killer
and this is NOT the last DFX mod mermite, I'm working on a mod that's un like any other mod. it doesn't really have much of any new items but it has LOTS and LOTS of new weapon options and new features that I've never seen in any other mod. plus fixes for nova's screw ups and changes that make it more realistc and that make the weapons alot more balanced. and new weapons. Not just from JO but stuff I made myself.

it's mainly a weapons mod so I have very few new items. I'd rather stick to my plan to make a weapons mod rather then fill it with a bunch of decorations.

Hopefully I can download this BO mod soon. I want to try it to see what they added and fixed. sadly, my ISP has me on a 320MB download limit. if I go over that they will cut my internet speeds down to dial-up speed for 24 hours. well actually slower than dial-up.
Old 08-07-2009, 12:57 AM
Bosnia is offline Bosnia

Nice Skinny,very nice,what did you call your dfx mod,and when it will be released.I know that we can count on you and expect more....Cheers
BOSNIA
Old 08-07-2009, 09:27 PM
DD-Huntor is offline DD-Huntor

That Bo Mod will also be released for DFX2. So as far as timely ehh maybe but was more of a open beta for DFX2 Mod ;-)
Old 08-07-2009, 09:32 PM
Chrispy is offline Chrispy

Send a message via MSN to Chrispy Send a message via Yahoo to Chrispy
BO is the freshest, and best mod for DFX - period. A lot of hard work was put into this mod by everyone on the team.
Intel Core Duo E7300 2.66GHz // SuperTalent DDR2 800 2GB // ASUS nVidia GeForce 8400GS 512MB // Western Digital 7200RPM 320GB SATA // LG GH-20LS 20X SATA DVD-RAM // Windows XP Pro 32-bit // Thermaltake XP550 NP 430W // Thermaltake SOPRANO SECC Black
Old 08-07-2009, 09:40 PM
Xx_jet_xX is offline Xx_jet_xX

Send a message via Yahoo to Xx_jet_xX
over a year working on Black ops is rushing it out the Door? Mermite until you know what you are talking about try keeping your mouth shut. we started BO well before DFX2 was announced and even before DFAF was. and you wonder why your reputation is so low.. you just got rated down again.

Skinny is BSing about not knowing whats in it, he does have access to the hidden forums and has posted many questions to the BO mod staff about help with his weapons mod.

WTF-Squad

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day. -George Carlin
Old 08-08-2009, 06:21 AM
Bosnia is offline Bosnia

Yes , you have a right,even that this mod is not good a lot of time and work is putted in his creating.And we must know that creating mods isnt easy job.
Just keep going guys
Bosnia
Old 08-08-2009, 05:03 PM

You know, at one time there must've been dozens of companies making buggy whips. And I'll bet the last company around was the one that made the best goddamn buggy whip you ever saw. Now how would you have liked to have been a stockholder in that company? You invested in a business and this business is dead. Let's have the intelligence, let's have the decency to sign the death certificate, collect the insurance, and invest in something with a future.
"Larry the Liquidator"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Other_People's_Money
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0102609/quotes

Give a man a Mod and he'll play for a day, TEACH him how to mod and he's made for life
Old 08-08-2009, 08:30 PM

you are an idiot mermite. Yes William that was a flame.

WTF-Squad

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day. -George Carlin
Old 08-15-2009, 08:25 PM

Oh Jet, yes I'm an idiot, I work in television, the vile filth it is, but I'm really well paid for it, and do cine(cinny) on the side, again well paid, and each year I'm/WE are moving closer and closer to the pc game interface, wanna see my "MAPS" go see District9, at a cinema near you?..

It breaks my heart, wots left of it, that you stole elements from other mods, the people from Stargate mod is an obvious example, I had great hopes of using the 'drone'
a very nice piece of work, but half the size of the current predator class UAV's and no x.3d to go with it, so a UAV rescue (map) is out of the question.
There are many new and interesting buildings I'll give you credit for that,
but by far the most interesting 'piece' will be the bulkhead light at 63kb from a 700mb download, and for that it was worth it.....many thanks "M"
Old 08-15-2009, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MERMITE View Post
It breaks my heart, wots left of it, that you stole elements from other mods, the people from Stargate mod is an obvious example
Words cannot stress enough how much of an idiot you are. Stole elements? Umm, most of the content in our mod is new - if you don't understand that, here's a definition from Wiktionary:

Quote:
new (comparative newer, superlative newest)

1. Recently made, or created.
This is a new scratch on my car!
The band just released a new album.
Content that was from other mods or from third parties (which we have little of), we have had their permission to use that content. Speaking of SG mod, Luke Nadewalker, was also on our mod team who contributed to a lot of content - so for you to say we stole elements from the SG mod? What do you think the purpose of BO was? To steal content? No, it was to bring fresh content.

Me and JET also happen to be devs on BO's mod team, and what about you? No, all you do is whine and QQ. Maybe modding or mapping isn't for you, maybe making complete BS and whining is what you're good at, because if I gave you a dollar for every time you did, you'd earn way more than what you do in television.

Who gives a crap if you work in television? District 9? I know someone that played in Lord of the Rings...

-1 rep - fail.
Intel Core Duo E7300 2.66GHz // SuperTalent DDR2 800 2GB // ASUS nVidia GeForce 8400GS 512MB // Western Digital 7200RPM 320GB SATA // LG GH-20LS 20X SATA DVD-RAM // Windows XP Pro 32-bit // Thermaltake XP550 NP 430W // Thermaltake SOPRANO SECC Black
Old 08-15-2009, 10:14 PM

Everything we used in the BO mod has been spoken for as chrispy states. Parts of the SG mod is in the BO mod because the guy who made some of the objects (luke) offered us some content and is on the mod team as the credits page in the game even says that. I would have to agree with a few posts about you mermite, at first I thought the guys were just giving you a hard time, but with some consideration, you are just stuck on yourself.
Old 08-16-2009, 09:06 AM

HAHAHA Mermite... You realy are an idiot.

WTF-Squad

Old 08-16-2009, 02:33 PM

Amazing the types of people you can find on the internet... lol.
Old 08-26-2009, 05:11 AM
WolfMax is offline WolfMax

Anyway...Back on topic,

Black Ops MOD. I've played it, then played it again, then had to see my doctor to find a cure for the addiction. It is fantastic!!

The BO MOD team have done wonders. New weapons (OICW is back), working armouries (yes you read it right) static and moving in trucks and chinook, new buildings and new decorations (the weapon decorations are really good).

While introducing it for DFX after DFX2 was released may seem odd, I can see some logic in it. Maps made for DFX BO will hopefully be compatable with the DFX2 version which means there would be a library of maps available when DFX2 BO is released.

If DFX BO is anything to go by, DFX2 BO will see me needing to visit the doctor again.

Great job guys.

cheers
WolfMax.
Old 08-27-2009, 11:04 PM

Well there is a small chance that BO DFX maps will be compatible with BO DFX2 maps. If you dont use any of the core DFX items and the map was included by the BO mod and not original then it iwll work. All the item numbers should be the same for BO mod and DFX2 mod. But the core items there is no way to keep the games intact with each other withotu screwing up any of the original maps DFX and original DFX maps created by others. There is only going to be slight differences between BO Mod and BO Mod DFX2 and that will come down to maps.

The release for the DFX version was in the works for over 1.4 years and we didn't know when DFX2 would be out. So we decided to release for DFX and then convert it to DFX2. DFX2 was always the plan of making this mod. I am not promising anything, but if testing goes well this Friday we should have an internal test to catch any small things there are missing and hope to have it out next week. But this includes testing of all weapons and then compiling the mod (AGAIN) and testing it really fast then getting the mirrors going just like we did for BO Mod so everyone gets a chance to get it the first day ;-) So in other words soon hehe.
Old 08-28-2009, 06:06 AM
WolfMax is offline WolfMax

Good Job Guys

Thanks for the Update.

Looking forward to the release. I havn't played DFX2 much at all (seems a bit flat in the excitment dept) so I can't wait to liven it up a bit with this MOD.

Cheers
WolfMax