Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Delta Force

Delta Force Anything to do with the Delta Force series of games, DF1, DF2, LW, TFD, BHD, DFX, AF etc.

Old 01-09-2004, 11:31 AM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Steve
Post Fast Roping

THIS HAS BEEN COPIED FROM THE NOVAWORLD FORUMS. ALL THANKS AND CREDIT SHOULD BE GIVEN TO THE NWMODERATOR WHO POSTED IT.

To make the rope go down, set up your triggers for when you want it to occur then for action:

go-->change AI (single, or group depending on how you assigned helo)--> play part animation --> select group of helo, anim 1, play forward, and thenthe time you want it to take for the rope to extend down to its full length. (the rope always descends to a set distance. the time is how fast it takes to get to that distance)

NOw the rope is down. (when you want to put the rope up and have it fly away, do the same thing, but play the animatoin in reverse.

Now the rope is down. To make a guy in the helicopter go down it, you have to wait until the rope is extended then set up an action as follows:

Change AI single --> find and use ssn --> ssn of ai to use rope, ssn of blackhawk.

the AI will then attach to the rope and slide down.

Some x seconds later, you are going to want to Change that same AI to -->find and use ssn --> ssn of AI, ssn set to zero (i.e. it is no longer trying to find and use anything.)

This details one person fast roping.

Genearlly you will need the following events

Event 1: blackhaw reaches waypoint, and lowers rope

Event 2: delayed x second from event 1 such that rope is now down, send down first guy

Event 3: delayed x seconds from event 1 such that the first guy down is now at the bottom of the rope, detatch him and send down another guy

Event 4...5...6...7. etc.. just like event 3 until everone is out of the helicopter

Event 8: delayed x seconds from event 1, Detatch last guy

Event 9: delayed x seconds from event 1, no more guys on rope, send the rope up

Event 10: send the blackhawk on its way.

Note with each event the value X should be eincreasing.

I still Advise you to downloads anoshi's ai tutorial it is a very good example to go by.

2-i am not sure about this but i believe if u make ur first even if ssn is alive, make ssn player, then attatch to ssn and make the ssn whatever vehicle ur attatching to

3-not sure dload that one guys map off of novaxchange, go into med and see what he did (i believe its pow something)

4-just make an event if ssn (helicopter) is alive then change ai single-chose ssn for heli and under the sub part chose patrol speed and chose a speed in kmh