Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Delta Force

Delta Force Anything to do with the Delta Force series of games, DF1, DF2, LW, TFD, BHD, DFX, AF etc.

Old 09-09-2002, 01:39 PM
DevilDog#1 is offline DevilDog#1

I use a router to when connecting to the Internet, why can't I host or connect into

I use a router to when connecting to the Internet, why can't I host or connect into the Novaworld games?

DSL/Cable Routers (NAT being Network Address Translation devices like cable/dl routers. Some firewalls act like NAT devices too.) take the IP address given you by your ISP and split it into mutiple addresses on the subnet of your LAN.

To connect to Novaworld each computer joining MUST have its own distinct IP address. This is the address that your ISP gave you and not the one on the subnet of the router.

If you are hosting a game from behind a router you will need to set the outbound port, or trigger and the incoming port the same as the firewall ports for the game.

You can play behind a NAT device. But you CAN NOT have multiple clients behind a single NAT device because of the requirement that each computer connecting must have its on distinct IP address.

You will need to contact the manufacture of the router for assistance on how to accomplish the set up. We do not supply support for the router.

Quote:
If I don't do that doesn't mean I can't - DD#1
Old 10-04-2002, 11:18 AM
Iluminator(FLK) is offline Iluminator(FLK)

It is possible to play with multiple clients behind a router, but you have to assign a different TFD port for every computer.
The default port is 17478, so if you need to play with 3 pc's you can set them up like this:
pc1 = 17478
pc2 = 17578
pc3 = 17678.

To change the port number, edit your game.cfg file in your DF-TFD install directory.
Find this line:
"mp_gameport = 0" and chenge it too something like:
"mp_gameport = 17578".

That's all folks, it should work with most routers.